Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bitter is the New Black...

I just read a great book that I wanted to share with you all. The title is great! It's called "Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office."

The title totally drew me to the book but the writing and story line kept me interested and laughing out loud. The book is by Jen Lancaster and it is the story of her journey through unemployment. She went from making six figures to asking her parents to help her buy her groceries.

Jen was discovered as a writer through her blog! I love her writing style...I just love her. Her blog, jennsylvania is now one my favorites.

She has two other books out (the titles are great too!), "Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass LookBig, Or Why Pie is Not The Answer" and "Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?"

Jen's books are great, easy read that will definitely give you a well needed laugh!

2 comments:

Laurie of the Seven Stories said...

You have def. peaked my curiousity. I will visit her site now and inquire about getting my hands on some of those books:)

Sarah said...

Do you want to post this on the CCM blog?
Call me!