Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brayden's First Day of Preschool


Today was Brayden's first day of preschool and he had a great time. He has been super excited all summer long and especially after he went to camp at his preschool this summer, which was a really great idea (not mine) and made him feel a whole lot more comfortable today since he was familiar with the school and the teachers.

I was a little nervous (okay, very nervous) about the whole drop off/pick up situation since it is very complicated and involved me having to back up into parking spaces...backing up is not my speciality as Ben will tell you, considering most of the dings on the car have come from my very bad backing up skills! I got to the school 15 minutes early so there wasn't much of a crowd and backed right into my space, no problem.

We waited in the car until it was time for school to start and Brayden got very excited when he saw his teacher directing traffic. When it was time for school to start, we met Brayden's friend Owen in the parking lot and the boy walked into school together. No tears shed, at least none that I saw. Brayden was too excited to show Owen the ropes and was telling Owen, "We gonna play trains."

Owen's Mommy, Amy and her baby, Bryn met Cami and I at the mall and we chatted and shopped until it was time to return for pick up, which I aced the backing in again!

Brayden was really excited to show me the picture he colored and Mommy has some taping homework for Thursday...Brayden ripped his name tag in half on the first day!

All in all it was a good day and although the weather was a bit rainy (a huge understatement!), Brayden had a great day and is excited to go back to preschool and I can't wait to see what Brayden will learn this year!

2 comments:

Tassi said...

I am so glad he is having fun! That makes it easier on Mommy too!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Brayden! Hope your first day was a great one! With trains!